Friday 8 June 2012

poorly boy

My littlest is fighting off some kind of sickness today, which means he just wants to cuddle Mummy while the others are being left to their own devices. I'm sure there's nothing left in his stomach for him to throw up (he's not even keeping water down), but now he's fallen asleep on my lap (I'm typing one-handed on my laptop), I have to say I'm a little nervous about the possibility of him weeing on me in his sleep (he still wears pull-ups at night). Not nervous enough to put him down, though... when my babies are poorly, it brings out the strongest of my maternal instincts, and I am happy to provide all the cuddles required; I feel so helpless otherwise. I am really grateful that the older ones have got so much better at entertaining themselves... I feel a bit mean, not paying them much attention, but the fact is, they are playing really happily together. Every now and then DS1 pops downstairs to see how his "so cute" little brother is doing - and then he disappears again. It makes me very proud of them!
So, there will be nothing much to report today... and even if there were, it would take far too long typing with only one hand! So I will leave you with some of my favourite quotes on education - and here's hoping for a better day tomorrow!
Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. - William Butler Yeats
I learned most, not from those who taught me but from those who talked with me. - St Augustine
Another merit of home is that it preserves the diversity between individuals. If we were all alike, it might be convenient for the bureaucrat and the statistician, but it would be very dull. - Bertrand Russell  

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE those quotes.

    Hope little bean feels better quickly.

    ReplyDelete